Next: Data Mapping Features
Previous: Execution Model
HPF_CRAFT contains a number of features not available in HPF, and
restricts the usage of many of the features currently available.
The following is a concise list of the differences.
- INDEPENDENT has been extended to better support an ON clause.
- There are new rules defining the interaction of explicitly
mapped and private data.
- Parallel inquiry intrinsics IN_PARALLEL() and
IN_INDEPENDENT() have been added.
- Serial regions (MASTER / END MASTER) have been added.
- Explicit synchronization primitives are provided.
- The ATOMIC UPDATE, SYMMETRIC, and GEOMETRY directives have been added.
- Many other compiler information directives have been added to assist
the compiler in producing good quality code.